COVID-19 PLAN OF ACTION!
As we respond to COVID-19 challenges, the Fire Marshal’s Office will be working remotely for the foreseeable future.
All staff will continue to be responsive to phone calls, texts and emails during normal business hours.
All Commercial Fire Safety Inspections have resumed.
Residential Inspections will be done by appointment on a case-by-case basis.
Plan reviews will continue to be completed within the 30-day State mandate.
- NEW FIRE MARSHAL PLAN REVIEW PROCEDURE:
- Once your online permit application has been completed with the Building Dept., you will be contacted via e-mail by a Fire Marshal representative with instructions to complete the next steps in the plan review process, inlcuding plan documentation/equipment specifications & Fire Marshal plan review fee. A credit card payment link will be included at this time.
- All applicable documentation (listed in Items #1-3 below) must be included in the plan review package, or your review will be held up.
Thank you for your patience as we all navigate these difficult times. Our Staff will always be here to support all of our customers & the residents of the Town of Manchester.
Plan Reviews / Permits
Please bring the following to the Fire Marshal's Office:
- A copy of the receipt from the Building Department (The Fire Marshal's Office does not have a separate application for most permits). If the permit application is completed online through ViewPermit, you will receive an e-mail within a day or so with further instructions & a copy of the receipt. This Office requires a physical, printed copy.
- One (1) copy of your detailed plan, including specifications and/or cut-sheet(s) if needed.
- Plan Review Fee, via cash, check (payable to: Town of Manchester), or credit card (see Fee Schedule below).
The Connecticut Fire Safety Code and the Connecticut Building Code, allow up to 30 days to act on applications. Plan Reviews are completed on a first-come, first-served basis & completed as quickly as possible.